Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy Birthday My Darling Husband!

Today is a very special day in our household.  Today, my sweet husband was born and we celebrate his birthday.  As yet another year rolls by, I find myself overwhelmed with how much I love this man.  Every year I am sure I could not love him more and every year I have a million other reasons to adore him. 

I met my sweetheart when I was 20 years old.  We feel in love instantly.  I know it seems cliche', but it is true.  We both had life plans that did not involve meeting the love of our lives at that time.  He was off to teach scuba diving in Fiji to have a little adventure after serving our country in the military for years.  I was very focused on college and my professional growth.  He asked me out for dinner, admittedly after rehearsing plans to say goodbye and never see me again.  I said yes when I really had been planning to say no.  It was from that moment on we were truly inseparable and years later, we still are!


I stand back today and look at all we have been through in our youth and I am in awe of how much we have been through together and how very in love we still are.  Everything we have been able to accomplish is because we have each other.   

My hubby is the love of my life, my best and closest friend, and my soulmate.  In good times and in bad, he is the person I want by my side.  In good times, I love to laugh beside him and the laughter in his eyes makes that moment all the more special.  He really has the ability to make me laugh- head back, eyes closed tight, uncontrolled laughter, filled with a freedom of being completely me by his side.  In bad times, he is my rock.  He is the one I cling to when life just does not make sense.  Just being beside him, lets me know things will be okay.  My darling husband is my balance.  I say it often.  He is the yen to my yang.  Together we create a beautiful harmony.



It is because of this amazing man that I am a mother.  He made me a mommy.  Is there a greater gift the man you love can give you?  It is because of his life and his love that I became a mommy.  It is overwhelming to think about that kind of passion and love between us.  My heart feels like it could burst.  He also helps me be the very best mother I can be to our children.

When I look into his deep brown eyes, I see the same love I give, being given back to me.  When life is falling apart around us, my darling husband keeps me as his priority. My sweetheart just went through a serious surgery.  When he awoke, one of the first things he said was, "the surgeon continued to communicate with you throughout the surgery right?  I told him you would need that.  That I knew you would be worried."  When he was hurting and in pain and scared himself, it was me he was most concerned about.  How did I get so lucky? 




Watching my darling husband love our boys is the icing on the cake.  He wipes away their tears.  He makes them laugh.  He is their teacher, their playmate, chauffeur, coach, speech therapist, occupational therapist, feeding coach, physical therapist, nurse, doctor, the man that can fix anything, the one that can make it all better, and the reason they feel safe all night.  He is their superman.... and mine too.





I cannot love him more and this beautiful life we have created together.  I love this journey that we are on.  I love that after all these years, we still hold hands everyday.  I love that we still say I love you and mean it from the bottom of our hearts. 

So my beautiful husband, Happy Birthday darling!  I pray this year is the best one yet!  Geronimo!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment