Friday, January 31, 2014

Catching Up!!!

I cannot express how much it meant to me that so many of you have reached out to me and wanted to check on my little family.  I know I have not been active in my posting lately.  I have experienced some life events that have left my heart in my throat and I have just been so emotionally raw.  When I write, it genuinely comes from my heart.... and it was just a little too much.  You asking about us has meant the world to me.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your concern and outpouring of love.  Our global allergy (and celiac and developmental delay) family is amazing!

We have had a very blessed year. It has been a difficult year filled with much sadness and fear- but a year filled with God's love and blessings.

I adore my husband and I am blessed that he is with me and healthy. I am more in love with him today that I was yesterday... and I will love him even more tomorrow.

My littlest dragon trainer is not so little anymore and is getting bigger every day. He is learning and thriving. I am very proud of the little man he is growing up to be. He still has such an amazing and nurturing heart. His deep love for his brother is so special and almost too much- he lets him get away with more than a brother normally would and always comes to rescue him from getting in trouble! He has such a wise little soul about him. He understands things too deeply sometimes. He has such a quick, intelligent wit about him! He loves to quote movies at just the right time to entice our laughter. He is also painfully shy and is starting to worry about others perceiving him as cool (sigh).  He also is out little artist!

Our littlest busy Bee has made strides in leaps and bounds since I last blogged. He seems to understand so many new concepts now! He has developed his own opinions and is quite clear on letting his opinions be known. He now has a highly developed sense of humor and has us laughing all the time.  He says a lot now.  We understand about 50% these days.  I yearn for a day we know everything his little heart wishes to communicate.  Until then he is patient and repeats himself twice, then he growls at me like a monster and tries to show me what he wants.  As a mommy, that is difficult and feels like I have failed him every time.  We work on saying it, then I add it to our picture communication board until he can voice it more clearly.  He loves to read books. I cherish every morning when he climbs into our bed with several books in his hand, crushing every rib I have with his elbow, pulling about 10 strands of hair out, and knocking me in the head with the corner of at least one his beloved, chosen 5-10 books, so that he can nuzzle his way between mommy and daddy for some morning cuddles and a few stories to start off the day. This is a cherished morning routine.  I wish I could freeze time and thaw it out a little more slowly.

Since so much time has passed and a photo speaks louder than words I will try to catch you up :)





Our oldest is fascinated with the ocean's beautiful creatures.
 


We took a field trip to the airport to go with our France unit "The Glorious Flight"
 
 
 
We learned to quietly watch some of God's beautiful creatures.  I wish I could remember all of the amazing questions that were asked and answered during this time.  I think they could have laid here for hours!
 

Our BUSY Bee fell in love with penguins!
 
 
 
We have crossed MANY bridges....
 
Climbed several mountains....
 
and been in some tight places this year....
 
 
 
as a result.......
We've learned to see rainbows in the oddest places....
 
.....gained a new perspective.......
 
....and learned to look up more often and thank God for all of our amazing blessings.
 
 
 
 
We've let go of little things and we've focused on....
LOVE.....
 
LOVE....
 
LOVE!!!
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment