Friday, April 12, 2013

My Husband, My Hero


My husband is amazing.

 
He is a wonderful Daddy. As a father he is loving, kind, and fair.  He is attentive to everything about our boys- from the coloring of their cheeks, to the tiniest bumps on their bodies, to the slightest wheeze.  Every week in addition to being an amazing Daddy, my husband graciously becomes our boys’ teacher, chauffer, respiratory therapist, pharmacists, physical therapist, nurse, occupational therapist, speech & language pathologists, playmate, nutritionist & chef. 

 
In a typical week, my superhero drives to preschool, homeschools our oldest child, goes to occupational therapy, speech & language pathology twice a week, the allergist twice a week, homeschool groups and activities, sports practices 2 to 4 times a week depending on the sports season, he does daily speech & language lessons, daily brushing for sensory issues, daily stretching for physical therapy issues, and at least one or two doctor’s appointments every week.
 

On top of all of these responsibilities, my sweetheart manages to get the kids fed, laundry done, and dinner on the table for his family!  May I remind you that each one of us in this household has crazy food allergies!  Our combined lists of food allergies are: peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, coconuts, sesame seeds, fish, shell fish, dairy, pineapples, pears, apples, peaches, cranberries & soy (we tolerate soy liechen and soy oil).  We also do not ingest anything with gluten due to celiac disease as well.  Cooking for this family is no small task!

 
This wonderful man is able to accomplish all of this, AND he still manages to make time for me.  He still manages to make me feel special, spend time with me nightly before bed, & still remembers to ask me out on occasional dates.


 

I know I am so very, very blessed!
My sweet husband is my hero.

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Beyond amazing! Thank God for what a blessing he is to your whole family. I marvel at this list of tasks. We have similar; I'm the one with the marker, checking off the family list. :) So I really respect all of this! May God continue to make peace and joy abound in your family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. acutaboveboys- Smile... You are right, he is beyond amazing! I am thankful everyday for him and his amazing gifts that he gives our boys and I daily! God bless you for being able to share these same selfless acts of love for your family as well!

      Delete