For the crust:
- a 9 inch glass pie pan
- 1 box of crunchy Enjoy Life Sugar Cookies
- 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp melted dairy free/soy free butter (I used Earth's Balance)
I would suggest lining your glass pie pan with parchment paper as it sticks to the pan!!! (Really, go back and do this! I wish I had done so!) Put cookie in food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. (I used my ninja blender). Pour crumbs in your pie pan. Add sifted confectioners sugar and 1/4 soy free/dairy free butter. Mix and then push into pie pan with your fingers or if your more dainty than I, use a fork to form the crust :).
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and then cool completely before adding the pumpkin filling.
For the pie filling:
- one 15 ounce can organic pumpkin
- 1 cup vanilla help milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
No Hemp milk? I am sure almond or soy would be great!
I think that rice milk and flax milk are very watery, so I would suggest adding 2 Tbsps more tapioca starch as a thickener or the Ener-G egg replacer for 1 egg)